What’s the Difference Between Hosting a Podcast and Podcast Guesting?
According to a recent survey, there are over 5 million podcasts in the world.
Hosting a podcast is a great way to share your thoughts, ideas, and expertise with the world. On the other hand, being a podcast guest is an opportunity for you to reach a new audience and build your personal brand.
Podcast Guesting: Success is TeamworkPodcast Guesting Pro is a team of outreach managers, PR specialists and podcast experts who you can plug into. With over 5 years experience and 3,000 episodes to their name, the team has an intimiate knowledge of both hosts and guests. We know what works, and what doesn’t. Leverage our expertise to save you valuable time.
We are Podcast Guesting Pro: Talk to Us…Want to learn more about the benefits of podcast guesting for your personal brand?
Click the link to get a free consultation. Leverage our experience as business podcast guesting specialists: 824 podcasts booked, 23 countries and 2.5 million listeners for coaches, authors, entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders and consultants.
When you host a podcast, you are responsible for the content, production, and promotion of the show. You have to come up with topics, invite guests, create scripts, record and edit episodes, and publish them on various platforms. You also have to promote your show through social media, email newsletters, and other marketing tactics. Hosting a podcast requires time, energy, and resources, but it can be very rewarding if you have a clear vision and strategy.
When you are a podcast guest, you are invited to share your insights, experiences, and opinions on a particular topic or industry. You don’t have to worry about the production or promotion of the show, as these are handled by the host. Your job is to be an engaging and informative guest, and to provide value to the listeners. Being a podcast guest is a great way to expand your network, reach a new audience, and establish yourself as an authority in your field.
Nick Jonnsson is an author, public speaker. coach, mental health advocate and Ironman athlete. In this video he shares his podcast guesting journey and how it has helped him refine his narrative and talking points for both existing audiences and future books. Nick has spoken on over 70 podcasts and continues to reach new audiences globally. (See more success stories)
- How to Find Podcast Guest Opportunities as a Thought Leader
- Podcasts are Looking for Guests – How a Podcast Booking Agency Can Help
- What’s the Difference Between Hosting a Podcast and Podcast Guesting?
- Winning Over Podcast Hosts: A 3-Step Formula for Podcast Guests to Become The Favorite Guest
- What is the ROI on Podcast Guesting?
- How to get on The Joe Rogan Podcast
- Tips to Maximize Your Podcast Guesting Experience
- How to Craft the Perfect Podcast Pitch as a Guest
- How to Get Booked as a Speaker on Other People’s Podcasts
- How to Find Speaking Opportunities on Podcasts as a Guest
One of the key differences between hosting a podcast and podcast guesting is the level of control you have over the content and format of the show. As a host, you have the power to shape the narrative, ask questions, and guide the conversation. As a guest, you have to adapt to the style and tone of the host, and make sure you address the topic at hand. Another difference is the amount of time and effort required. Hosting a podcast is a long-term commitment, while guesting can be a one-time or occasional opportunity.
💡 We help Authors, Thought Leaders and Coaches build their personal brands as thought leaders by leveraging the power of podcasts. Here’s how we can help you:
- ✅ Our podcast guesting agency can help you identify relevant podcasts in your niche, craft compelling pitches, and secure high-quality guest spots that maximize your visibility and impact.
- ✅ We can also provide you with training on how to be a great podcast guest, including tips on how to deliver your message effectively, build a rapport with the host, and promote your brand without sounding salesy or pushy.
- ✅ With our expertise and network, you can save time and avoid the hassle of researching and pitching to podcasts on your own, and focus on delivering your best performance on air.